#Days Iran Has Imprisoned 5 Americans:
IRAN RECEIVED $700 MILLION PER MONTH FOR 18 MONTHS – $12.6 BILLION – JUST FOR NEGOTIATING!
AMERICA GOT NOTHING!
First the July deadline, then the November 2014 deadline to reach a nuclear agreement Iran passed by. Next the June 30 2015 deadline passed with no consequences to Iran. Finally, on July 14 2015 Iran got the promise of a huge $150 billion payday! No goodwill gestures were required of Iran ever – before, during or after the 18 months of talking! Many believed in 2013 and still today that Iran should have been required to release the 3 American citizens it had been holding. Then the 4th, an American journalist, was charged as a spy during the talks and most recently a 5th American after the talks were completed. All were arrested and/or held on thin, bogus charges. The nuclear talks over the past year and a half enriched Iran conservatively by 12.6 billion U.S dollars! That does not include illegal oil shipments that the US and UN did not challenge.
TODAY, five American citizens are enduring another 24-hours in hellish Iranian prison conditions. All of these men are held against their wills as hostages with no U.S. or international diplomatic visits have received minimal legal counsel inside Iran and have had little or no direct contact with U.S. family members. All are U.S. Citizens with distinguished career backgrounds. All of them entered Iran 100% legally.
The Americans unjustly held in Iran include:
1. Jason Rezaian a correspondent with the Washington Post. He is an American citizen who disappeared, along with his reporter wife ‘Yegi’ on July 22, 2014. His family and employer did not know his whereabouts for about a week, similar to how Saeed and Amir were snatched. They were both “detained” in Evin prison and placed in solitary confinement. Thankfully Yegi was released on bail and remained in Iran to help with her husbands legal matters. Jason is an experienced reporter who knows the rules and understands Iran. He thought. He is accused of subverting the Islamic State, which he and the Washington Post vigorously protest. The State Department has called for his immediate release. To read more about Jason Rezaian and Yegi click on the tab above.
2. Saeed Abedini a Christian Pastor who converted from Islam, was in Iran to establish an approved orphanage project. He has a wife and 2 young children who languish back home in the U.S. without him. After two months of ‘house arrest’ *(about 60 days of house arrest are included in the number of days above), he was arrested without any further notice. His ‘crime’ was displaying his Christian concern for the people of Iran. He was charged, convicted and sentenced to 8 years as a “threat to Iran’s national security!”
After President Obama’s 15-minute telephone call in September, 2013 with Iran’s new ‘moderate’ President Hassan Rouhani, Saeed was transferred to an even worse prison and suffers even more. His health has deteriorated, receives insufficient care and has lost considerable weight. We know because Iranian family members are occasionally able to visit him. To read more about Saeed Abedini click on the tab above.
3. Amir Hekmati a former U.S. Marine who, after serving 4-years in uniform, was a language and cultural liaison to the U.S. Military in the middle east. He was born and raised in the U.S. and had never visited Iran before. It was his parents’ homeland and he was there to visit two elderly Grandmothers and other family members. He was in Iran about two weeks before he was taken. At first his family was not informed of his whereabouts, but Amir was able to make a cell phone call. Still, however, authorities denied having him.
Amir was quickly tried and convicted in what a U.N. body called a sham trial. He was sentenced to death as a spy! The Iran Supreme court overruled and ordered a new trial. That was two years ago. No new trial has ever been scheduled! See more by clicking on the Amir Hekmati tab above.
4. Robert “Bob” Levinson is a retired FBI/DEA agent with over 33 years of honorable service. For over 6 1/2 years the U.S. Government, (including the CIA, FBI, POTUS, Senators and Congressmen, knowingly told an untrue story that Bob was on a ‘business trip’ acting as an independent investigator looking into corporate smuggling cases. This is actually something he did after retiring. However, some sharp investigative reporters and a few government employees, namely within the CIA and FBI and White House, knew differently.
After what was billed as an ‘Historic Nuclear Agreement’ (it was actually an agreement to talk) with Iran in November 2013, no further details about Mr. Levinson were revealed. Two writers from the Associated Press and Washington Post got the go-ahead from their editors to release a detailed article that was voluntarily held back at the U.S. government’s request for 3 years! (Link to the article here: http://wp.me/p49SUn-5R)
With the Bob Levinson case growing cold, the government stuck to the ‘official line’ (lie) about him. They even convinced the family, at first, that Bob had no working relationship with the CIA at the time. The two writers exposed a major internal CIA scandal due to their mishandling of Bob Levinson’s involvement with the CIA. To make it worse, it was all dealt with quietly away from the public eye in closed-door Congressional hearings.
Robert Levinson is one of America’s own who served the country well more than 33 years. Unfortunately, as of November 26, 2013 he set the unwanted record of being held hostage longer than any other U.S. citizen: 2,455 days to be exact! Ironically, this was one day after the ‘historic Iran deal’ was signed by John Kerry in Paris. To read more about Robert Levinson, click on the tab above.
5. Siamak Namazi, age 40, is an American-born businessman and a dual citizen of Iran since his parents are Iranian citizens. The family now lives in Dubai due to increased tensions within Iran in recent years. Siamak has been heavily involved in fostering legal business trade and advocating for better relations between the U.S. and Iran. He was visiting family members in Iran and was well known within Iranian government circles. In July, as the nuclear deal was being finalized in Vienna, the IRGC started bringing him in for intense questioning and barred him from leaving the country. While the exact date of the arrest and charges are unknown, it was learned in late October that he was in solitary confinement at the notorious Evin prison. Until further clarification by the Iranian government, this blog will use October 15, 2015 as the approximate date of Siamak’s arrest.
The Obama Administration policy of near indifference to the plight of American Hostages’ held in Iran will not be a winning strategy to bring them home. These men have been wrongly held now in brutal conditions far too long. GITMO prisoners of today have it far better! This injustice is an insult to all Americans, but especially the 5 men and their families who suffer the most. This will not be resolved unless President Obama and his Secretary of State John Kerry speak out forcefully, demanding the immediate release of these 5 men. Without this action, they will continue to languish in Iranian prisons!
We are pleased to see significantly increased attention that the American hostages in Iran have received from the American public, including on social media, TV, radio and print news as well as from elected officials in Washington, DC. This surge must be sustained until all of the American hostages are released and returned to their families.
Please continue to support these men – stay informed – get involved! Each man has a unique ‘story’ posted elsewhere on this website with many facts about them and links to their families’ Facebook and Twitter accounts. The men are at risk of declining health and cannot, should not, be held against their will another month, much less one more year in Iran!
FreeAllThree.com adds its voice to ask Americans to call, write, text, email, tweet or visit their Congressman and Senators to demand that the Obama Administration take all necessary steps to immediately ‘Free All 5 Americans’ who are held today as hostages in Iran!
If you don’t know your Congressional representatives’ names and contact info: an easy-to-use ‘interactive map’ is on the ALCJ.org website. Or follow this link for How to Get Involved with ideas you can use: http://wp.me/P49SUn-oY
Thanks for your concern about the 5 American hostages in Iran and their families. Articles on U.S. and Iranian relations and related Middle-East news are also posted on this website on a regular basis.
NO BILLION$ IN $ANCTIONS RELIEF FOR IRAN UNTIL THEY FREE ALL 5 AMERICANS!
Please share this page via Twitter or Facebook if you ‘Like.’
Email corrections/comments to: Daniel @ FreeAllThree . com (Website URL is www.freeallthree.com)